Be proactive about your future.
We will help you define your goals, then manage your resources to meet those goals in order to live well and give generously.
We use scientific methods and decades of expert information to help you manage your money. We use concrete, evidence-based research—not a crystal ball or intuition—to give you the best possible outcomes.
Our 370+ clients’ portfolios are in internationally diversified, low cost funds. We use index funds, ETFs, mutual funds, and private equity to gain the highest returns possible while managing risk. We don’t try to outsmart or out-time the market. Rather, we focus on long-term, disciplined strategies to meet your goals.
It’s not just how much money you make, but also how much you keep that matters. Our emphasis on tax efficiency will help improve your after-tax return. We’ll help you select the right types of accounts, place the right investment in the right account across your household, rebalance, and tax-loss harvest when appropriate. Through charitable planning, we’ll make the most of your giving goals while minimizing your tax burden.
We will be proactive about communicating with you, managing your investment portfolio, and prompting you to be disciplined in savings to reach your goals.
Jim spent over 20 years at the Chick-fil-A Support Center helping Operators keep more of what they earned.
Pursuing his passion to serve Operators and fellow Support staff with their personal finances, Jim left Chick-fil-A to join forces with Daniel to form Pandowealth.
Daniel’s background as an entrepreneur, business builder, and former engineering professional led him to pursue a masters in wealth management. His passion for serving others, pursuit of excellence, and empowering others’ success make him a perfect compliment to Jim.
Jim and Daniel thrive by advising clients to invest in their future, maximize giving, and simplify their finances. Together, they built Pandowealth to serve Chick-fil-A Operators and Support Center Staff by offering custom financial and retirement services.
As seen in Chick-fil-A Leadwell, we are an experienced vendor, and serving you is our pleasure.
The PAndoWEalth Name
Pando - Latin for “I spread out”; a community of aspens joined together by one single, massive root system.
Our name perfectly describes all that we believe in. We are part of a bigger family of generous givers who share the same “root” system, who want to spread joy through generosity.
We are closely connected to our community of clients, and we believe in the great work they are doing both separately and together to love and serve the world.
Meet the Team
A team with deep Chick-fil-A connections including previous employment at Chick-fil-A Support Center, Winshape, and in the restaurant. We live, breathe, eat, and enjoy Chick-fil-A and serving you is our pleasure.
Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.
Help us be great servants.
Certified Public Accountant
We seek someone to join our team in a critical role: Certified Public Accountant with tax prep and bookkeeping experience to lead in Tax Preparation, Planning, and Bookkeeping. These services are offered exclusively to our niche of Chick-fil-A Operators and Support Staff and only in conjunction with comprehensive financial planning services. Our firm takes an ensemble approach, and we work together on all clients rather than siloed books of business. Finally, we take a multi-disciplinary approach to providing advice to clients so you'll get to work across service lines (Financial Planning, Investment Management, Retirement Plan Services, Charitable Giving Planning, Tax Prep/Planning, and Bookkeeping).
This role will serve as the tax expert and coordinate all aspects of the tax relationship. This position is client facing, so the perfect candidate will have excellent communication skills, enjoy interacting and building client relationships and provide timely and high-quality deliverables that exceed client expectations. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure that clients are receiving sound accounting and tax advice as well as accurate tax information. You will work in conjunction with the client service team to develop documents (whether in electronic or in paper form) for clients. You are part of a service team which includes Client Service Associates, Associate Advisors, Service Advisors and Lead Advisors. You are responsible for working alongside our advisors to construct detailed, effective accounting and tax information in a timely manner by using our firm’s chosen software applications. You and the advisors will work together to decide on the most appropriate solutions for each client. You oversee all accounting and bookkeeping tasks that need to be completed for each client. Your goal is to excel in an accounting role so that you create “raving fan” clients who refer others to our firm.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee/Prepare Business and Personal Tax Returns
- Conduct tax research and be subject matter expert for firm and clients
- Lead and train others to grow in the tax division
- Oversee Bookkeeping service launching in 2021
- Develop and improve processes, technology, and related infrastructure
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Maintain excellent organization and planning, analytical, communications, and decision-making skills
- Prioritize workload, meet deadlines and manage multiple clients simultaneously
- Candidates must have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Taxation, Finance, or related field.
- CPA license required.
- 3 - 5 years of recent, relevant accounting experience is preferred.
- Experience with QuickBooks is required. Intuit ProConnect experience is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Thorough knowledge of taxation.
- Awareness of the workings or needs of a Registered Investment Advisor wealth management firm is a plus.
- Proficiency with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Salesforce, and DocuSign is desired.
- Exceptional organizational skills and strategic initiative towards implementing new process improvements.
- Ability to do what you say you will do, when you say you will do it. When you take ownership of a task or project, everyone else on the team should feel comfortable knowing that it is taken care of.
- Clear, accurate, and confident written and verbal communication.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Aptitude for and comfort with technology.
- Service-minded, both in service to our clients and to the rest of our team.
- Able to be empathetic and conduct fluid conversations with all different age groups and personality types.
- Fun to work with and enjoyable to be around.
- Experience operating in a paperless environment is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with Chick-fil-A culture is a plus.
- CFP® Designation is a plus.
Wherever you want as long as there is wi-fi availability/access. We use technology (Slack, Zoom, screen-sharing, etc.) that allows us to operate as a team regardless of location.
Our firm compensates team members competitively in order to attract and retain the best people. We use industry benchmarking surveys to measure the compensation range for a given role and strive to meet the industry average while utilizing incentive programs to take total compensation above average.
- Flexible work schedule. We work hard and trust that all team members will do the same, so we operate with a flexible work environment. That said, we expect that everyone will typically be available during working hours (8:30a - 5:00p in the time zone that you live), which is necessary for us to operate as a team and serve our clients.
- Unlimited vacation time for full-time employees.
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) for full-time employees.
- 401(k) retirement plan participation + company match after 6 months of employment.
- Annual professional development allowance.
- Education reimbursement opportunities.
- Complimentary financial planning and investment management services.
Culture is one of our biggest assets and we strive daily to nurture and protect it. You must embody our core values: Trust, Generosity, Better Together, Quality, and Growth. We refer to these core values in every part of the business including our hiring process, our onboarding of new team members, our performance review process, our incentive programs, and - when necessary - our separation process. Our firm is small, friendly, and informal; we value collaboration and open and honest communication. We hold ourselves to very high standards: we expect excellence from ourselves and each other. We are looking for others who value these same principles.
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We believe generosity is key to thinking well about building wealth.
Our goal is supporting clients giving $100M away in 10 years.Get Started Today!
Financial Learning Over Easy
Come scratch around and learn more.
Pt 3 Get Started with Saving: Teaching Kids to Save
Whatever this journey may look like for you and the kids you influence, encouraging them to value saving money will always serve them well in the journey of life.